Christ revealed the prayers for the Divine Mercy Novena, a nine-day prayer, to St. Faustina of the Most Blessed Sacrament, and asked her to recite the Novena. It starts on Good Friday, April 10 and ending on Divine Mercy Sunday, April 19.
The Novena can be recited at any time of the year, however, it is often accompanied by the Divine Mercy Chaplet.
You can find the Chaplet at https://catholicnovenaapp.com/novenas/how-to-pray-the-divine-mercy-chaplet/#
and Novena online at https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message/devotions/novena\
- Fr. Paulraj asked for the following message to be posted on the door at St. Augustine Church :
NOTICE TO ALL ST. AUGUSTINE PARISHIONERS
Effective today, Tuesday, March 17th at 12:01 am, Donald J. Hying, Bishop of Madison, is suspending the public celebration of Masses throughout the Diocese of Madison. This is effective through Friday, April 3rd. This includes both Sunday and weekday Masses at all parish churches, oratories, and chapels. All Communal reconciliation services are also cancelled. Accordingly, beginning from today, Tuesday March 17th both at St. Paul and St. Augustine Churches, there will be no Sunday and weekday Masses through Friday, April 3rd. All the meetings, Lenten study, and all the future events at both parishes will be cancelled until further notice. Liturgies for weddings, funerals, and baptisms, 1st reconciliation should still be celebrated, but families need to limit attendance at these events to fewer than 10 people per the most recent civil decree from the State of Wisconsin Department of Health, and for the funeral, there will be NO luncheon at lower level at either parish.
Please mail in your weekly contributions so that the parish may continue to meet its financial obligations.
Please take note and please pray. Thank you.
ACT OF SPIRITUAL COMMUNION
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen
The following may also be of interest to you:
- Pope Francis has invited all Catholics to pray the rosary together at the same time for a swift end to the Coronavirus pandemic. People around the world are doing this daily. The time he has invited Catholics to pray is 9 p.m. Rome time, which is 3 p.m. Central time. Or pray on your own… as you choose. Imagine the power of the whole world saying the rosary at the same time.
- Television Mass times:
Sundays, 6:00 a.m. Channel 3-WISC (Msgr. Larry Bakke, Apostolate for Persons with Disabilities)
Sundays, 7:00 a.m. Channel 3.2 TVW (air antenna) repeat of the 6:00 a.m. Mass
Various days/times – EWTN, DIRECTV-channel 370; DISH-channel 261
Streaming – Word on Fire – https://www.wordonfire.org/daily-mass/ (30 minutes) Mass video posted at 8:15 a.m. CDT each day.
Live-streaming –Bishop Hying will live-stream a weekly Mass. Check https://www.madisondiocese.org/ for time/date.
- The Diocese of Madison home page (https://www.madisondiocese.org/) has a daily inspirational video series “A Moment with the Bishop”. That may be where you can watch the live-streaming Mass time/date.
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updates from the Diocese of Madison’s website: https://www.madisondiocese.org/updates.
- Our weekly bulletin can be seen at www.parishesonline.com. Enter St. Paul Church and zip code 53536.
Click on “St. Paul Church”. Click on “New” bulletin. It takes a few seconds to load.
We cut back on the number of bulletins but some will be placed in the plastic tub at the front door at church.
- First Reconciliation for both parishes has been rescheduled for Thursday, May 7th at 6:00 p.m. at St. Paul Church.
- You may read our weekly Catholic Herald online at http://www.madisoncatholicherald.org/
- Has any of your contact information changed: home phone or no home phone, cell phone numbers, mailing address or email address? If so, please contact Marilyn or the parish office with your current info. Thank you.